The JMSB MBA Case Competition Committee (MBA CCC) facilitates the participation of MBA students in case competitions. Under the supervision of Timothy Field, Faculty Advisor MBA Case Competitions, the committee’s Executive Team organizes events like boot camps to introduce students to case cracking, supporting the selection process of teams for external competitions, and managing the logistics of the competing teams. With the help of dedicated coaches, teams are provided training and mentoring before heading to case competitions.
The committee offers a program where students receive training to crack cases and develop problem-solving, strategy, and presentation skills. With the help of dedicated coaches, teams are provided training and mentoring before heading to case competitions. The committee also manages the logistics of all graduate JMSB teams competing locally, nationally, and internationally. This unique program provides students a platform to expand their academic and professional networks while proudly representing the John Molson School of Business.
The program offers:
- Case cracking and presentation boot camps (Beginning of Fall and Winter semesters)
- Formal tryouts to give students the opportunity to compete in external case competitions
- Internal case competitions (Winter semester)
- The course MBA 659- Strategies in Action: Case Competition (Fall semester)
- The course MANA 695- Live Case Experience (Summer semester)
- The opportunity for JMSB MBA students to compete locally, nationally, and internationally in over 10 case competitions
- The opportunity to present to and network with top industry professionals
- Coaches for students competing in external case competitions
- Financial support for students representing JMSB at external case competitions
Our mission is to provide the most enriching applied learning experience to MBA students to develop their problem-solving, strategy, and presentation skills that go beyond the classroom.
Our core values are teamwork, dedication, and continuous learning. We take pride in preparing upcoming business leaders to solve real-life issues.